Some habits are hard to start. Others are easy to adopt right away. If you are wanting to increase your output, you need to adopt great habits. So, let’s look at five simple things you can do to start maximizing your productivity today.
1. Pick Your First To-Do the Night Before
A great morning starts the night before. Take just 2 minutes to decide the first (and most important) task you are going to tackle in the morning. You don’t want to start your day deciding. You want to start your day doing. So make the effort today to set yourself up for a great tomorrow.
2. Never Leave Email in Your Inbox
It’s called an Inbox for a reason. It’s where emails arrive. But once they’ve been opened and read, they need to move on and stop cluttering your new emails. Archive your emails so you can reference them later. You don’t need folders to place them in any more. One or two search words will bring them right back.
3. Work with a Timer
If you want to stay ultra-focused on your work, then you need to start using timer. Set your smartphone for 30 minutes and then work only on the next task until the alarm goes off. Adding a timer to your work routine helps you to be specific on where you will put your effort in the time you’ve been given.
4. Pack an Energy Bar Wherever You Go
A lot happens in the hustle and bustle of your workday. Having your lunch plans change because an unexpected meeting is all too common. So always have a backup just in case. Throw an energy bar in your bag so you can give your body and mind the fuel it needs for success.
5. Take a Power Nap
You don’t need a lot of rest to reap the benefits of a midday snooze. Just 10 or 15 minutes of sleep can give you a big boost of energy and is much better for you than coffee or energy drinks. Find a quiet place and make time to nap in the early afternoon. Your productivity will thank you later.
A little effort can go a long way. So, start implementing a few (or all) of these habits to boost your productivity today.
Whenever you're ready, there are 3 ways I can help you:
1. Streamline Academy: Simplify your technology and transform the way you work with Streamline Academy. You’ll learn how to select the right software, optimize your systems, and stress less about your day. Start your FREE trial.
2. One-on-One Consulting Session: Maximize your time and your software with a personalized consultation. Gain insights, strategies, and expert productivity advice. Book here.
3. Promote your business to 325,000+ subscribers by sponsoring a video or newsletter. Learn more.